Friday, September 14, 2012

Nailbiter!

Okay so I was one for two on my predictions for this one. It turned out not to be a "low scoring defensive battle" but I was right that it would come down to the end.

The last 14 seconds qualifies as "the end" right?

In one of the most exciting high school football games I have witnessed, the Pioneers erased a 21-0 deficit to take their first lead of the game with four and a half minutes to play. They then had to withstand a furious last drive by the Fighting Indians that took them from their own 14 to the Pioneer 10. Amesbury had one final play to win the game, but the Pioneers tipped the pass away to preserve an exciting 31-27 Lynnfield win.

Junior running back Kyle McGah was immense, refusing to go down and rushing for 146 yards and four touchdowns including the game winner.

The game wasn't always pretty though. The Pioneers had three turnovers and Amesbury had four. Both teams had special teams breakdowns that led to scores.

Neither team quit and both played a tremendous game. The Pioneers were able to take the win at the end for their first victory of the year.

You can get all the details in my game story and my action photos in the Villager on Wednesday. I'll also be posting more leftover thoughts on the game on Sunday night.

Check back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment