Friday, November 16, 2012

Lamusta, Thomas in NCAA Division III Playoffs Tomorrow


A pair of former Pioneer captains go into battle tomorrow in the NCAA Division III playoffs for Framingham State.

Pat Lamusta (2007 captain) and Mike Thomas (2011 captain) will suit up for the Rams against Cortland State (8-1) in NY tomorrow at 11 am. The Rams (10-1) earned their spot in the 32 team field with a 28-16 win over Salve Regina last week to capture the New England Football Conference championship.

I asked Pat for a quick update on him, Mike and the exciting season.

"It's been an awesome ride," he wrote me. "Mike is listed as a running back. He has been a scout team player and has played a little on special teams. Overall, he has adjusted to the college game well and is a positive contributor to our team.

"I started against Nichols, Umass-Dartmouth, and Bridgewater St., as a full-back blocking for our elite back, Melikke Van Alstyne (Salem, MA)," Pat went on. "We broke the team rushing record in a game with around 500 yds of total rushing against Nichols and defeated Bridgewater St, who was ranked #1 in New England going into that game. Unfortunately, I injured my ankle at the end of the Bridgewater game which sidelined me for a couple weeks. I returned in full force against Coast Guard, and have been bouncing back and forth between outside linebacker and fullback since.

"I am so proud to be a part of this program. Since I joined in Fall of 2010, the team has went 26-7, and it is just thrilling to be part of a great program that continues to grow. The Championship win against Salve Regina was all about swagger. We were the underdogs and came to play with a chip on our shoulder. Friday, we leave for SUNY-Cortland in the first round of the D3 tourney. Game is at 11 am on Saturday. Should be a solid matchup."

I'm sure we all wish the Rams (and former Pioneers) good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment